C.M.T.I.A. Ltd PUBLIC AND PRODUCTS LIABILITY INSURANCE SCHEME
This is a summary of the significant features, benefits and limitations of the cover provided under the C.M.T.I.A. Ltd Scheme for Public and Products Liability Insurance, underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc. For full details of the cover including complete terms, conditions and exclusions please refer to the policy document, a copy of which is available upon request.
Cover is provided in respect of legal liability to pay compensation including legal costs for :-
accidental death or personal injury to any person excluding employees
accidental loss or damage to third party material property
Cover is only available in respect of the retail sale of goods, not the provision of services by a market trader. The duration of this Policy is 12 months.
Download the Policy Document…
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
1. Cover applies world-wide (excluding products exported to USA/Canada)
2. Indemnity limit of five million pounds.
3. Cover includes liabilities incurred in connection with :-
* Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
* Food Safety Act 1990.
* Consumer Protection Act 1987.
* Defective Premises Act 1972.
* Data Protection Act 1998.
* Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
4. Indemnity to Principals is included, as required by contract.
5. Cover includes your personal liability whilst abroad on your business as a market trader.
6. If more than one individual is named as the insured, the cover applies as if a separate policy had been issued to each person.
7. Includes court attendance costs of :-
* Any director, partner or employed person (£500 per day limit).
SIGNIFICANT & UNUSUAL EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS
1. Damage to property being worked on.
2. Invasive beauty treatments, such as tattooing and body piercing. (please refer to policy wording for full details)
3. Sale of goods from mobile vehicles unless parked on a licensed pitch.
4. Damage to property held in trust except for :-
* Personal effects.
* Buildings temporarily occupied by the Insured.
* Premises hired, leased, rented or let to the Insured under agreement, which the Insured would not have been responsible for in the absence of such agreement.
5. Product recall, replacement or guarantee.
6. Products sold or supplied :-
* to USA or Canada.
* which are second hand electrical goods (including factory seconds).
7. Liability for liquidated damages, fines or penalties.
8. Professional advice.
9. Damages awarded by a Court of Law outside of the UK.
OPTIONAL EMPLOYER’S LIABILITY INSURANCE COVER
This will indemnify you in respect of all sums which you may become legally liable to pay as damages in respect of injury caused during the period of insurance to any employee arising out of and in the course of their employment by you in your business as a market trader.
SIGNIFICANT FEATURES AND BENEFITS
1. Indemnity limit of £10,000,000
2. Cover applies worldwide other than North America in respect of temporary visits by an employee normally resident in and travelling from the UK.
3. Liability under the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007.
4. Any director, partner or employed person (£500 per day limit).
5. Health and Safety at Work defence costs.
1. Liability for which compulsory motor insurance is required.
2. Limit of indemnity for terrorism is five million pounds.
STATEMENT OF DEMANDS AND NEEDS
This product is intended to meet the demands and needs of a market trader who wishes to ensure that the third party liability insurance needs of their business are met now and in the future. This statement does not constitute advice or a personal recommendation.
LAW APPLICABLE TO THE CONTRACT
UK law allows both you and us to choose the law applicable to the contract. The contract will be subject to the relevant law of the United Kingdom, the Isle of Man or the Channel Islands relating to your address as shown in the schedule. If there is any dispute as to which law applies it shall be English law. The Parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.