020 8102 9400 enquiries@cmtia.co.uk

Insurance Cover

C.M.T.I.A. Ltd MARKET TRADERS LIABILITY INSURANCE SCHEME This is a summary of the significant features, benefits and limitations of the cover provided under the C.M.T.I.A. Ltd Market Traders Liability Insurance, underwritten by AXA Insurance UK plc. For full details...

Terms of Business

This document is effective from 13 September 2019 (and supersedes all Terms of Business previously issued by us). Please read it carefully. It sets out the terms upon which we agree to act for our clients and contains details of our regulatory and statutory...

Frequently Asked Questions

I sell goods on the internet. Cover is provided automatically so long as the products sold online are the same as those sold from your market stall, and the annual income from internet sales does not exceed £50,000. No cover is provided for product sales to the United...


C.M.T.I.A. Ltd is an appointed representative of Hayes Parsons Ltd which is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check this information on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website at www.fca.org.uk or by...


C.M.T.I.A. Ltd are one of the largest providers of Market Traders Liability Insurance for Market Traders, Craft Fair Traders and Traders at any Licensed stall-based Events across the UK

Thousands of Traders up and down the country benefit from our insurance services especially catering for markets, craft fairs, farmers markets, festivals, exhibitions and similar indoor/outdoor events. We can supply speedy cover for Public/Products Liability and Employers Liability (optional) at competitive rates to market traders domiciled in Great Britain, this including cover for working anywhere in the UK and for temporary activities worldwide.

£59.00  PER  ANNUM
Cover for claims up to £5,000,000 any one occurrence, but in total for Products Liability excluding products exported directly or indirectly to the USA or Canada

£28.00  PER  ANNUM
Cover for claims up to £10,000,000 on any one occurrence, but £5,000,000 any one occurrence for Terrorism

  • This includes administration charge and Insurance Premium Tax at the Prevailing rate (see Terms of Business).
  • Please note that Employers Liability Cover is only available in conjunction with Public/Products Liability cover.
  • Cover cannot be provided for the sale of used or second hand electrical goods (incl. factory seconds) (See FAQ’s for full list of exclusions).
  • Cover is not available for the sale of food from mobile vehicles (unless parked on a licensed pitch).

C.M.T.I.A. Ltd is an appointed representative of Hayes Parsons Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). You can check this information on the Financial Services Register by visiting the FCA’s website at www.fca.org.uk or by contacting the FCA on 0800 111 6768.

Office of C.M.T.I.A. Ltd is 2 Woodford Trading Estate, Southend Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 8HF.

C.M.T.I.A. Ltd was formed in 1994 due to vast changes in working practices and conditions, a downswing in trade, and an increase of inflation, competition from shops and stores and the revision of Sunday Trading Laws. It was felt that there was a need for market traders to be able to obtain insurance cover at a reasonable cost, which addressed the requirements of the law whilst benefitting their trade as a whole.

CMTIA Can Now Offer Public & Products Liability of £10million

Or call our office on:

020 8102 9400

Monday to Friday
9am - 5pm

The importance of Market Traders Insurance


About C.M.T.I.A. Ltd


For straight forward answers to our most regular questions see our Frequently Asked Questions