Who We Insure
Comprehensive liability insurance for a huge range of market traders and stall holders
Premiums starting from
Crafters who sell their handmade products at markets, fairs or events
Food & Drink Vans
Traders selling food and drink from a licensed pitch
Traders at all manner of indoor and outdoor markets including temporary or pop-up stalls
One Day Traders
Ad-hoc traders or stallholders who need a one-off policy for a single event only
Event & Festival Traders
Traders at any licensed, stall-based event including festivals, carnivals, street parties and pop-up events
Why choose CMTIA for market traders and stallholders' liability insurance?
- Quick and easy online application
- Two levels of Public and Products Liability cover to choose from
- Option to add Employers’ Liability cover if you have staff
- No excesses
- Chosen by thousands of traders and stall holders across the UK to protect their businesses
- UK based expert support available on the phone
Adnan Mumtaz Ahmed - Customer
Jane - Customer
Pamela Pooley - Customer
David Williams - Customer
Frequently Asked Questions
We can cover trading at a wide variety of events including:
- Shows (not including air shows)
- Street parties
- Farmers markets
- Car boot sales
- Events on licensed pitches (local authority licensed or where private landowner has given permission)
This is unlimited throughout the year, however you can only trade at one event or market at any one time. If you trade at more than one event or market at a time you will need a separate policy for each location. Should you have two stalls on the same market, for example, at the same time, then a separate policy would be required for each location/stall.
If you need further clarification, please contact us on 0208 102 2400.
The main exclusions on the policy are:
- Aviation and hovercraft products
- Safety critical motor products
- Firework products
- Hot work activities (other than cooking of food)
- Products sold to USA or Canada, whether knowingly or unknowingly
- Second hand electrical products
- Vaping and e-cigarettes including replacement liquids chargers and accessories
- Treatment (whether be physical, mental or cosmetic) other than the sale of proprietary cosmetics
- Product recall or rectification of defects
- Delivery of Professional Services
The annual premium for £5,000,000 Public and Products Liability is £59.00.
To include Employer’s Liability, the premium will be £87.00.
If you would like higher limits of indemnity for Public and Products Liability (£10,000,000) prices increase to £70.50 and £98.50 (with Employer’s Liability).
Our one day Public Liability policy is £23.00 for £5,000,000 Limit of Indemnity or £28.00 for £10,000,000 Limit of Indemnity.
All prices quoted are inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at 12% and an £8 administration fee