020 8102 9400 enquiries@cmtia.co.uk
I sell goods on the internet.

Cover is provided automatically so long as the products sold online are the same as those sold from your market stall, and the annual income from internet sales does not exceed £50,000.
No cover is provided for product sales to the United States of America or Canada.
Product exclusions apply, as detailed within the policy wording.


I sell food from a mobile vehicle.

Cover is only available for sales from a licensed pitch.


I have been bankrupt.

Cover may be available, subject to details being provided and accepted by the Insurer.


I have had a conviction.

Should any conviction be deemed to be spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, then cover would be available. If not, details would be required and each application would be assessed on their individual merits.


Are there any restrictions on what I sell?

Yes, as detailed within the policy document.
Although not an exhaustive list (see policy document) but there are exclusions relating to injury or damage caused as a result of the sale:

  • Fireworks.
  • Second hand electrical goods (including factory seconds & second hand E Cigarette chargers).
  • Non Proprietary cosmetics.
  • Critical Motor Vehicle Parts.
  • Vaping and e-cigarettes including replacement liquids, chargers and accessories.
  • Counterfeit Goods.

Axa Insurance Policy Document


I provide beauty treatments.

Cover is only available for non-invasive treatments, with products used to be proprietary branded only, other than aromatherapy oils which are to be made of solely natural ingredients.

Cover cannot be provided if you undertake these procedures:

  • Body piercing
  • Tattooing
  • Beauty treatments such as eyebrow threading, waxing, Botox, false nails and nail extensions, hair styling or colouring and fake tanning, amongst others

You will need to obtain separate therapy treatment insurance.

I trade as a limited company.

Cover is available subject to acceptable details of your business activities being provided (You need to apply over the phone with one of our agents).


Can I have a policy in the name of a Charity?

Yes, but the contact name and address of the organiser must be provided on the application.


Can I insure any number of employees?

Yes, so long as the annual wages paid does not exceed £75,000.


Can I add Employers Liability at a later date?

Yes, but this would be processed as an amendment to your existing Public & Products Liability policy.
The annual premium would apply, regardless of time remaining on the existing policy until renewal.


Is work abroad covered?

Temporary visits are covered worldwide provided you are domiciled in the UK.


Can I have more than one name on the policy?

Yes, you can have up 3 names on the policy


If you have any doubt or query please contact Hayes Parsons Insurance Brokers (Tel: 0117 929 9381).